Wednesday, April 15, 2015

About Me as a Reader

Ever since I was a child, I have loved to read. For me, reading was like watching a movie for I could imagine everything that I was reading and form vivid pictures in my mind. I didn't have any form of TV other than an old VCR and I was rarely allowed on the computer so curling up in a comfortable spot and reading quickly became my favorite form of entertainment. I would spend hours reading, and due to my preferred habit of reading in the dark, I now actually have trouble seeing in sunlight. Even now when I have my own laptop, reading is still one of my favorite hobbies. For me, reading is a temporary and much needed escape from reality.Throughout the years, I have found that I prefer several different genres more than others. Some of them are horror, science fiction, realistic fiction, mystery, mythology, historical fiction, and fantasy. However, just like a stereotypical Asian, my favorite type of book to read is manga. 


No comments:

Post a Comment